Let’s get this out of the way first and foremost. Although Mitt Romney is a great guy, he is not the kind of man we would want as president of the United States, at least not in his current ignorant state of mind with the truth of things as they really are in our country and world.
We would, as both members of the Mormon church, but also importantly as citizens of this great country that we love dearly, expect much of any individual elected to such high and sacred offices of Government whatsoever the position may be. But, we also feel strongly, because of our own membership in the Mormon church, that if a Mormon was elected as President of the United States, we would unequivocally expect that individual to uphold the moral characteristics, judgments, and teachings of Jesus Christ in that person’s individual life, as well as in the decisions made in such a position, while maintaining absolute separation of church and state, while unequivocally upholding and defending the inspired Constitution of the United States of America.
An Open Invitation to You
This website has been setup intentionally to answer your questions in regards to what it should be like to have a “Mormon” for President of the United States. I will tackle all the subjects along side with my sweetheart, my wife, ourselves being active, participating, members of the “Mormon” church, or correctly stated, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as “Mormons” are not who we are, but is a nick-name that has stuck to members of the church, because of the Book of Mormon. I will refer to members of the church as “Mormons” throughout this website, for the sake of the fact that it is so commonly used when referring to members of the church, but again, it is an incorrect name, as we are Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ’s church, not Mormons.
We openly invite you to respectfully engage with us in any questions, comments, concerns, etc. you may have for us personally or generally about the church, or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
As you read through this website, we hope you realize and are conscious that all we are sharing comes directly from living, studying, and abiding by the doctrines taught in the Mormon church (which can help you understand what a Mormon individual, and maybe more importantly for this website’s sake, what an elected Mormon president should be like).
Again, we have come to the knowledge we will share and openly discuss with you on this website, by living and abiding by all the truest teachings, statutes, commandments, and doctrines of the Mormon church, or in the correct terminology, of Jesus Christ himself.
So as to not lengthen this page out any more, browse the topics on the left side of the website, or please register and post your comments, questions, insights or the like.
What would it be like to have a Mormon for President of the United States?
To start to answer this question, we need to first understand clearly the basics of what a Mormon is and where such a name comes from.
Briefly, here are some facts about Mormons, ourselves being active members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Learning these facts about members of the Mormon church and our beliefs will help you better understand both what you should expect, and what we, as Mormons, unequivocally expect from a true Mormon if he or she were elected as President of the United States of America, let alone any other office or position of leadership in this our great country:
- Mormons are unequivocally Christians
There is no doubt in my mind, nor should there be in minds of active Mormons that Jesus Christ (the same Christ from the New Testament) is our Lord, Savior and Redeemer. We worship him and strive to follow his commandments, teachings, statutes and judgments. (read more)
- Official LDS Church Teachings on Jesus Christ
- Mormon is a nickname given to members of the Church
The title or nickname “Mormon” comes from a prophet whose name was Mormon. This prophet lived on the American Continent around 322 AD. Mormon abridged (compiled) the records of the many prophets who lived, prophesied and died here in the Americas from 600 BC to 421 AD. (read more)
- Official LDS Church Teachings on Mormon the Prophet
- Mormons believe in the Holy Bible
We believe the Holy Bible to be the word of God from the ancient and New Testament inhabitants of the Old world, or the ancient Israel, Jerusalem, etc.. Mormons believe the Bible to be God’s words and dealings with his children in that part of the word, while the Book of Mormon is God’s words and dealings with his children in the Americas. (read more)
- Official Doctrine concerning the Bible and its Relation to the Book of Mormon
- Mormons believe in the Book of Mormon (another testament of Jesus Christ)
We believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God to his children in the ancient Americas. We firmly believe God loves and speaks to all his children continuously. The Book of Mormon prophets testify of the same Christ in the Holy Bible. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ as another witness of his divinity. A matter of much significance in the book, is that of the record of Christ’s personal ministry to the ancient inhabitants of the American Continent some time after his resurrection. (read more)
- Official Doctrine concerning the purpose of the Prophets in Ancient America whose writings are contained in the Book of Mormon
- Mormons believe in traditional family values
We love our family. We love our children. We love eachother (speaking of myself and my sweet wife). Family is key to God’s plan for our happiness in this life and the life to come for all of God’s children. Mormons are individually motivated to be involved intimately with issues in our societies that effect the family directly or indirectly. I know of no other greater statement to the world on the family and its sacred place in society (besides God’s teachings), than what our prophet and our living 12 Apostles have published and sent to the world abroad in a document titled, “The Family: A Proclamation to the World“. (read more)
- Official Church Genealogy Website
- Official Church Document on the Family
- Official Church information about God’s Plan for your happiness
- Mormons uphold the Constitution of the United States of America
We hold the constitution of the United States of America as divinely inspired of God. In God’s continuing revelation (found in the Doctrine and Covenants of the Mormon church), he speaks of the Constitution of this land and his approval and inspiration of such. As Thomas Jefferson spoke of, we also believe a man or woman in the office of sacred trust (public offices) should be bound by, checked from, and balanced by the Constitution. (read more)
- God’s feelings about the original ratified Constitution of the United States of America according to Mormon doctrine
- Mormons believe in a living Prophet and Apostles
We believe in God’s unchanging pattern with his children upon this earth. Of that pattern, God has and does continually speak to his children through living Prophets and Apostles. As Mormons, we do not blindly receive all of our guidance from a living prophet, in fact, we are to receive the majority of our guidance directly from God by seeking personal revelation through prayer, study and faith. Prophets speak for God to the world in general and to the members of the church specifically. We sustain our prophet as President of the church, as prophet, as seer, as revelator for our day. While the prophet is the only person on earth to receive revelation for the entire church, individuals have every right and should seek personal revelation and a relationship with God. (read more)
Today’s living Prophets and Apostles
- Joseph Smith was a mortal man whom we revere as a prophet of God
Just as you and I, Joseph Smith was a mortal man who was searching for truth in a time when a religious revival brought about many religions professing to be the only way to Jesus Christ and salvation. In the year 1820, at the tender age of 14, the boy Joseph sought guidance from God by praying sincerely to know which church to join of all the religions professing to be the only way to God.
Joseph’s own account tells of his being visited by God the Father and Jesus Christ in answer to his prayer. We do not worship Joseph, as that would be against all of Christ’s teachings, as well as it would be weird. We do believe however that God does not change, and so has always and will always call prophets on earth until the second coming of Jesus Christ. Joseph was the prophet who restored the same ancient church Jesus Christ had organized when upon the earth. (read more)
- Official story from Joseph Smith
- Other Mormon Beliefs
Although we can’t cover all our beliefs and doctrines in on page, I have posted those beliefs I feel are what most people may not understand clearly about the Mormons. Some other common questions I have received as I have mingled with friends of every walk and religion of life are discussed in detail in the FAQs section. (read more)
- The United State of The New World Order (NWO) or the UN – Pres. Obama our Dear Leader | Mormon For President on Principle 1: Truth – What is Truth?
- Shoqy | Your Questions About Internet Traffic Rankings on Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 (V 2.0)
- Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 (V 2.0) | Mormon For President on True Political Spectrum – Fabian Socialism – What is the LEFT and the RIGHT, and where are we today?
- Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 (V 2.0) | Mormon For President on Ron Paul Get’s It – Mitt, Newt, Michelle, Rick, Huntsman are clueless
- Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 | Mormon For President on Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 (V 2.0)
- Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012 (V 2.0) | Mormon For President on Unofficial Technical Website Traffic and Ranking Presidential Straw Poll 2012
- True Political Spectrum – Fabian Socialism – What is the LEFT and the RIGHT, and where are we today? | Mormon For President on Ron Paul Get’s It – Mitt, Newt, Michelle, Rick, Huntsman are clueless
- True Political Spectrum – Fabian Socialism – What is the LEFT and the RIGHT, and where are we today? | Mormon For President on Principle 1: Truth – What is Truth?